So I'm sitting in the living room of my old apartment at the moment waiting for my internet to be turned off and enjoying the last few hours of having it.
Pathetic, I know. I'm reminded of the time that in my old position at work I had to shut down our public chat rooms because they were being abused. I had given all of our regular visitors notice that they would be turned off at a particular time and when I went in to shut it down there were all these people there saying things like,
"This is it. I can't believe they're really going to do this."
"What am I going to do without you guys?"
"Hang in there everyone. See you on the other side."
I'm not kidding. And I felt horrible (and kind of powerful) to shut it down. But I also was amazed by how attached all these people seemed.
I guess that's the point of this story. Once my internet is turned off at this place, I won't have easy access to it again until after I get back from Mexico. Just seems so odd. So I guess I'm going through a bit of premature withdrawal. And I'm feeling the need to get that one last blog in!
In other news, I moved some stuff over today - the big stuff will all go over tomorrow with the help of some of my super-fabulous friends. Meanwhile my gas has been turned off at this apartment and on at the other one and I'm trying to determine if the animals and I can make it through the night without heat or if we're going to have to relocate to the new apartment which doesn't have a bed yet. Hmmmm.
Irie will be heading over to boarding tomorrow morning for the entire week. I've never left her for this long before, and I've certainly never left her when I won't be in easy contact. I think my friends think I'm a little crazy for asking them to serve as emergency contacts and to check up on her, but it just seems so foreign to be out of touch.
Apparently I've become much to reliant on things like cell phones and internet. I'm actually looking very forward to the break, but there's still those nagging feelings.
Alright, back to packing/cleaning. Have a fabulous week everyone and I'm sure to have some great pictures from vacation when I next post!
1 comment:
Have a great time!
Post a Comment