Tuesday, June 12, 2007

How the other half lives...

Saturday night I had plans to go to Ravinia with Nicole, Jason and Jamie. For those of you who are not familiar, Ravinia is basically an outdoor concert venue, but it's on the north shore of Chicago and pulls the more "upper-class" Chicagoans usually. People bring their picnic baskets full of crazy food, their little tables... it's really quite the scene. We were prepared to do it up right (or at least as close to "right" as we're ever likely to come), but then Nicole encountered the cicadas that have over-taken the woods around Ravinia and decided she just couldn't handle it. So that left me and Jamie, which in itself is fine, but Nicole and Jason had some of the food and supplies we had intended to have (like glasses.) Jamie and I, being the make-do people we are, decided that drinking straight from the wine bottles was completely acceptable. We got a few laughs and plenty of funny looks, but we had a great time. We didn't exactly fit in with the high class standards around us. Here are a few of the pictures that tell the story maybe better than I can!


Me and Jamie enjoying a beautiful evening outdoors.


We didn't have a knife either. Wheat Thins are amazingly durable little crackers!


A candelabra at an outdoor picnic? I know... these people are weird.


And what table is complete without fresh flowers?

Classy.

This is what happens when you're as unsophisticated as us - everybody around you leaves.

No comments: