Sleeping has been a little challenging - mostly because Irie's a brat and doesn't want Terra to jump up on "her" bed. I've found that if I get Terra up there before Irie it all goes a little smoother though. And once they've both settled down, it's ok. The only other problem has been that I kind of like to move around a bit at night and Terra very much wants to sleep between my legs under the covers. Since my legs are often not under the covers this creates some problems. :-)
We've also been spending a lot of time at the dog parks. So far we've been to the regular dog park, a small dog beach and a new dog park about 20 minutes north of the house. I'm really enjoying the new park - mostly because it's bigger and all grass. And the drive up there is a nice one - through a more wooded area.
Dog parks have also been interesting because Irie believes that all balls that are thrown are for her to go retrieve, and Terra doesn't really believe in fighting for a ball. But, I've gotten smart and have figured out that if I throw Irie a ball all the way across the field, in the time it takes her to go get it, I can toss another one in the opposite direction for Terra. It works pretty well, but does give me more of a workout!
Today, Terra found an oversized tennis ball that she decided was the best toy ever. We spent nearly an hour playing soccer while Irie chased the pop-ups I kept throwing. Terra was so excited about her toy she even snubbed the treats I was giving out. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment