I've been keeping a bit of a low profile surrounding politics lately. Mostly because (and some of you will laugh at this), I don't like to fight about politics. I'm happy to talk to people that share my views, but at the slightest hint that people don't - I would much rather walk away. I'm not entirely sure why this is, but I do know that politics get me heated up quicker than just about anything else. It actually makes me physically ill to hear people say things that I vehemently disagree with.
Anyway, after Sarah Palin's speech last night - I was definitely sick. Not because of anything she really said - there wasn't much substance there in my opinion, but over how people reacted. "Oh what a great speaker she is." "What a good choice McCain made." Seriously ill.
I just don't even understand how people can say it. I didn't find a single thing she said even slightly awe-inspiring. She's governor of a minuscule town in Alaska, she has no real experience in politics, she's completely anti-choice, she's into banning books, and she didn't say ANYTHING except to deliver snide remarks about her opponents. And I'm sure that's not even the worst of what we will come to find out about Mrs. Palin.
Anyway, nothing has been able to make me smile about last night's speech until I watched this clip. I love the Daily Show. I know it's silly, but I do. Anyway, I really hope that people will do a little more research and base their opinions on more than one speech... and maybe see that being a pitbull (I'll be it with lipstick) isn't necessarily what this country needs.
Oh, and by the way, republicans... get your own slogan rather than playing off the democrats. OK, I'm finished... for now.
4 comments:
Love the clip, and I LOVE, LOVE Jon.
I had almost the same conversation with some friends at work today!!! And I can't wait to make sure they see the clip! Miss ya!
~Kristi
Love the clip...thanks for sharing. After her speech, I decided that I would be Sarah Palin for Halloween. I can't wait to buy a clip-on hair piece and carry around a baby, gun, and sign belittling the work of community organizers.
Oh, man! I didn't even think of that for a Halloween costume! Awesome! Be careful with the gun though - Chicago cops may just take you out for it.
Post a Comment