Monday, November 17, 2008

Pajama Party

Saturday night Lily and I had our first pajama party. Apparently she was so excited about the prospect she wore herself out and when I came to pick her up at 5pm she was zonked out. Reminding her about my promise to take her to the toy-store seemed to revive her though.

We hit up Toys R Us and checked out all the exciting new toys. Lily had picked out a baby doll that she wanted within the first two minutes we were at the store, but she humored my request to continue looking. Anytime I'd point something out that I thought was cool though, she'd play with it for a second and then remind me that she still wanted the baby. But then we came across a My Little Pony that had a tattoo which kind of threw her for a loop. She couldn't quite figure out how to finagle both the doll and the pony, so she decided that it was the baby's birthday too and we should get the pony for her. It was just such a good argument, I had to give in.

After our shopping excursion we went to Cici's pizza (home of the cheap pizza buffet!) and managed to freak out several people with Lily's new life-like doll. It's face really does look like an actual baby and no less than three people shrieked when seeing the way Lily was carrying it or had it placed precariously on the edge of a chair. I guess Cici's is the kind of place where something like that may be a bit more likely to happen....

Some of my favorite quotes from dinner were,
  • Lily choose seats that happened to be right by the soda machine. Apparently the soda splashes a bit when dispensing because my chair was covered with a sticky film. Awesome! I switched chairs and Lily commented with a devilish grin, "Maybe someone put glue on your chair!" And then her famous laugh.... "Isn't that funny?!!!"
  • Out of the blue, after taking a bite of pizza, Lily flashed a coy smile and nearly whispered, "I'm going to tell mommy about all my adventures."

When we got back to my place we popped in a Care Bear movie that Lily deemed to be too scary, so it was switched to a My Little Pony movie. "See, Ingrid, this one's not scary.

We played school and I got to participate in "family meeting time" and "cooperation time." We sang Hey Diddle Diddle and she filled me in on her beliefs about the role of big sisters in the world and how she didn't care that her parents had gone to the movies. She said, "And I said fine. Go to the show. I'll have fun."

She thought it was hysterical that she was going to spend the whole night at my house and sleep in the same bed with Irie and me. But when her parents called to see if she wanted them to pick her up, she said she'd rather stay. She fell asleep while we were reading books and slept like a champ the whole night (well, except when Irie decided that she needed a good licking.) I can't say that I slept very well as I'm not accustomed to being told exactly where I need to lay and that my arm needed to be under her head etc, but it was fun.

And when we left the next morning, she said (in a sweet but somewhat threatening way), "I'm going to come stay over here again, Ingrid."

I look forward to it, Lily.

Lily, the new baby and Irie in "the baby room" at the "school."

No comments: