We got upgraded to an ocean-view room which was nice. Really the only complaint we had about the resort was the housekeeping (and an odd smell in our room.) Housekeeping had this totally odd tendency of taking all of our towels out of the room, but not replacing them with new ones. After two days of this, Ryan got smart and requested two sets of towels from the front desk and stashed one set in the dresser so we'd have them the next day. However, that day when we came in, we were given fresh towels (a first!), but housekeeping had removed our shower curtain and not replaced it. Very odd. The best was when Ryan went to the front desk to complain about the shower curtain they didn't believe him. Yup, we steal shower curtains from hotels - that's just how we roll. :-)
As you can kind of see in this picture, the landscape was actually a lot drier than I had thought it would be. I knew Guanacasta was the "dry region", but for some reason, I was still anticipating lush, tropics. That really wasn't the case. It was still pretty, but just not exactly what I expected. Next time we go to Costa Rica, hopefully we'll get to spend a little time closer to San Jose and the actual rain forest.
Of course, the actual resort, was very well manicured and had plenty of green.
No comments:
Post a Comment