So the boy I've been... not dating, but spending time with recently told me he just wants to be friends last night. That in its self is not really what's bothering me, I don't think. Though, I guess I am a little disappointed by it.
Instead, it seems to be more about the general realization that I miss my good friends who have in large part left Chicago in the last year.
I think the benefit to having him around rather constantly was to feel that there was always someone around to spend time with, talk to, etc. And while I truly hope we will remain friends, I'm sure the consistancy will take a hit.
I miss having Kristi and Barbara in the office to get through the day. I miss having Nicole and Allyson around for trips to the movies or museums. I miss having Sarah down the hall.
It's not that I don't have other friends. I honestly have quite a few, but somehow it's just not the same as having that one who's just always around.
Sometimes I get really good at being very happy on my own and I can go along with that quite nicely until something reminds me of what I'm missing. That's when the melancholy hits.
This post is a bit of a downer. I know that it's really not that bad and I'll be just fine, but exposing yourself is part of the blogging world, right? If I can't spill my guts to anyone who happens to stumble across my blog then who can I?
Anyway, that's my mood at the moment. Hope to be back to sharing funny bus stories and pictures of my adorable god-daughter again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment