Monday, December 31, 2007

It's that time again

As has become common-place for me I wanted to take a minute to look back on my 2007 Resolutions and let you know how I did. (And of course provide a few for the year to come as well.)

2007 Resolutions

  • Take a vacation. A real one. (I did. I went to Mexico for a glorious week.)
  • Find a new place to live. (Went above and beyond on this one. Moved all the way to Baltimore.)
  • Find a new p-doc. I've been putting this one off way too long. (Yup. But then I moved. Go figure.)
  • Put more effort into maintaining my old friendships while still building new ones. (I think I did a better job of this in 2007. You guys can let me know if you disagree.)
  • Break past my indecisive dating patterns (This one probably still remains to be seen, but I'm very happy in the relationship I'm in at the moment.)
  • Be nicer to myself, especially by reminding myself that I'm only human and not above the feelings we all experience (I still have to catch myself now and again, but I'm quick to remind myself of this at least.)

2008 Resolutions

  • Get back to working out at least 4 times a week. (See that's what happens when you don't put it in your resolutions for a year.)
  • Decide where I'm going to live next.
  • Decide what career I want next. Oh, and get a job. (Those might need to be separate, I'm not sure yet.)
  • Read at least 3 really good books.
  • Take advantage of not having a full-time job and do some traveling!
  • Avoid going crazy during the 2008 elections. Allow only limited time paying attention to what's going on. Ignorance is sometimes bliss.

That's a good start. Let's see where the year takes us!

No comments: