Monday, December 10, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend


Part I - Howl At The Moon


Aniel, Rich and Shannon taking in the dueling pianos.



Rich and Shannon taking some holiday photos.


Ryan and me doing the same.



After a few coconut drinks...


On Friday, I kicked off the weekend by meeting up with "the group" at Howl at the Moon. I've been to Howl at the Moon in Chicago, but I have to admit - this was cooler. The one in Chicago is just so over-run with tourists and it really isn't that big. This place was much more... enjoyable. It also happened to be luau party night, so we had a great time drinking out of plastic coconut cups.


Part II - Boordy Vineyard

The whole gang at Boordy.

Me, Joe (my first meetup friend) and Lisa.

Boordy Vineyard is super close to the house and there seems to always be something going on there. Yesterday was the Celtic Christmas celebration complete with Celtic carolers, wassail and cookies. We spent a few hours relaxing in the heated barn, taste-testing and enjoying good company.

Part III - Ravens game

Me, Ryan, Christine and Chuck


At the game (before the rain)

Ryan was able to get us awesome tickets to last night's Ravens game. We spent the afternoon tailgating (well, actually we mostly just did a lot of walking between tailgating parties) and then hit the 8:15 game. I'd never been to a pro game before, so it was kind of cool. They were playing the Colts so there was definitely some heated feelings around. We were super impressed by the number of people wearing Ravens camouflage pants. It was really fun though - especially before it started pouring during the 2nd quarter. The cold I was prepared for, the cold after being rained on for an hour was another thing. By the time we got home I was thoroughly frozen and it took several hours to defrost.

All in all, it was definitely a great weekend, but also one of those times when I really wished I had another day off to catch up on things like... sleep! But unfortunately no can do. Have to finish up some projects for DBSA and then re-enter good ol' Beechfield Elementary!

No comments: