Tuesday, December 04, 2007

My first ghost walk

I went on my first ghost walk this past Friday night. Back in Chicago this was always something I talked about doing but just never got around to and then one of my meetup groups here decided to go on one. It was in Ellicot City (which come to find out is not particularly close to me). Ellicot City has a historic downtown which was kind of neat to see, but the ghost tour itself really wasn't particularly ghostly. I think this was in part due to the fact that we were on a main street and constantly had loud cars driving past, people heading to the bars walking by, etc. It could have also been because the meetup group was laughing hysterically and heckling the tour guide (nicely) the majority of the time. I think I would try another walk in say, Gettysburg, or somewhere more off the beaten path, but probably won't be back on this one.

Regardless, we had a really good time and I particularly enjoyed getting to know more people at the bar after the walk.

Some of the crew - with severe red eye.
(Left to right: Vince, me, Ryan, Beth, and.... a girl who's name I can't remember.)


Our ghostly guide. She was actually pretty good.

There was absolutely no mist around us when this picture was taken. None of us have any idea (except for camera malfunction) why it shows up like this. Oooooo.

No comments: