Thursday, December 06, 2007

Welcome to the Baltimore Public School System - Part II

The new job is actually going much better now that I've moved over the older kids and have a teacher in the room with me. It still has its tricky points, but it's getting better. But today what really made me laugh was this sign in the faculty bathroom: "Hand washing only. Do not drink." When did we get transported to Mexico? Man, really doesn't make me want to even wash my hands in it. Oh, well. Welcome to Baltimore!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

As a current BaltiMORON, I have to defend the town in which I live. I think the problems that you are encountering would be in a lot of schools in major cities, especially in the sketchy areas that have special programs for kids in need. Not all schools in the Baltimore area are that bad! I promise!

Stealth said...

How unnerving!